What Makes The Merion Advisory Group Different?
Directors of Leadership and Talent programs and Human Resources directors frequently ask: What distinguishes you from the 30,000 or so coaches out there? What is the value added of deep clinical experience applied to leadership and organizations?
As consultants with a psychoanalytic point of view and many years of clinical as well as organizational experience, we bring a unique set of abilities, talents, experience, training, and passion to our work—all of which can be applied to work in organizations. Our experience brings:
- A broad knowledge of many types of businesses and an intimate familiarity with the kinds of struggles and conflicts people face each day at work
- A knowledge of unconscious forces at work—an appreciation that motives the feelings outside a person’s awareness can profoundly affect how they relate as leaders to others
- An ability to share this knowledge meaningfully and constructively
- An ability to connect with and work with people from all backgrounds and occupations by forming trusting relationships based on empathy and understanding
- An aptitude for addressing interpersonal conflicts in business, family or family-business contexts
- An ability to help individuals and families cope with traumatic events and personal crises
- A deep understanding of group process
- A talent for speaking clearly, straightforwardly, pragmatically, and comfortably with individuals and groups
- An ability to diagnose a problem and deal with it urgently when necessary
- An awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the intimate relationship—and need for balance—among an executive’s personal life, family life, and public business life.